Meningitis Outbreak: Congress, State Laws and Marjorie's Story
AAJ's Take Justice Back campaign is also featuring the story of Tennessee meningitis victim, Marjorie Norwood, as told through her courageous daughter, Melanie. Click here to view full story and video. Click here to view full story and video
Nashville Personal Injury Attorneys
What Can Bart Durham Injury Law Do To Help? Call My Firm To Find Out.
I am attorney Bart Durham, and I want to help you receive the money and medical care you need after a serious auto or truck accident or other accident. I was an assistant United States district attorney and an assistant state attorney general in the late 60s and early 70s. I opened my own private practice in 1975. My son Blair, my team of skilled Nashville, Tennessee, personal injury lawyers and I spend our time now prosecuting insurance companies.
My Practice Has Been Limited To Personal Injury Since 1985
My Tennessee office has successfully handled over 5,000 personal injury cases since 1985. Most of the 300 cases presently in the office involve broken bones, serious injuries or death. Many involve tractor-trailers and big trucks.
Some of my law firm's most significant cases include:
- $3 million settlement for a passenger in a vehicle traveling on U.S. Highway 431 in Maury County who was hit by a drunk driver.
- Over $1 million judgment for a woman, her husband and her son who were hit by an intoxicated suspect fleeing the police in Madison, Tennessee.
- $741,500 settlement for a passenger whose car was rear-ended by a tractor-trailer on Interstate 40 East.
- The case in Charleston, West Virginia, against the largest undivided lottery winner in U.S. history ($314 million) for wrongful death of our client's son who died in the lottery winner's home of a drug overdose. The case was settled for a confidential amount after several days of trial.
- A Greyhound bus hijacking in Manchester, Tennessee, with 10 killed and 32 injured. The case settled for a confidential amount.
- The dumping of 339 bodies into a lake by a crematorium in Georgia and passing off cement dust as human ashes — listen to NPR story. The case settled for a confidential amount.
- A police shooting in Lebanon, Tennessee; the wrong house was mistakenly "stormed" by the police and the elderly homeowner shot to death — $450,000 settlement against the Lebanon police department.
- "Bad Perm" case where a woman became partially bald as a result of hair salon treatment in Clarksville — settled for $25,000. My firm enjoyed representing this fine lady because the facts were so unique and challenging. The key expert witness was a stylist in Nashville.
Contact A Tennessee Car Accident Lawyer Today
Let us do all the work for you in your personal injury case and answer your frequently asked questions. There is enough stress in life without being your own lawyer. Schedule a free initial consultation by calling Bart Durham Injury Law at 615-338-6177 or 866-468-6603 toll free, or contact us online. Se habla español.